Translate

Sunday, December 16, 2012

You Stink!



“Kyla!” Zammie yelled when he first saw me. It was him! He ran over and gave me a hug. He was wearing a tanned leather deer skin like a small poncho and he had animal grease smeared all over his arms and green and white lines painted on his face.  
“You stink!” he told me after our embrace. “When was the last time you took a bath?”
“Hey! You’re not so clean yourself.” I thought for a second how long it had been since I had bathed, and I realized that I hadn’t at all. I had gone months without a bath as had just about everyone else. I’m sure we all reeked something horrible. “Have you been with the Indians all this time? I thought I was never going to find you!”
“I’ve been with them for months! They’ve taught me how to hunt, how to shoot a bow and arrow. They taught me about all the different trees and animals around here. It’s been better than summer camp.”
“What is all this?” asked Captain Standish.
“Apparently that’s her long lost cousin,” said Mr. Winslow.
         “So she is an Indian!” said Captain Standish. “I knew it all along." 

-- "You stink!" 
from Time Trip #3: Witness to the First Thanksgiving 


TIME TRIP ADVENTURE 4
KILLING FOR COUNTRY  
Available at Amazon.com!

TIME TRIP ADVENTURE 1
THE JOURNEY TO ANCIENT GREECE 
Available at Amazon.com!

TIME TRIP ADVENTURE 2
A RIDE ON THE UNDERGROUND RAILROAD
Available at Amazon.com!

TIME TRIP ADVENTURE 3
WITNESS TO THE FIRST THANKSGIVING 
Available at Amazon.com!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for submitting a comment. We will review and post your comment as soon as possible.