Translate

Saturday, July 7, 2012

A Request of the Oracle

“What d’you got in the bag?” asked Kyla. 
“Olives and dates from our farm,” answered Argo. 
“Are you going to sell them?” asked Zammie. 
“No, I will give them to the Oracle. They require a sacrifice from anyone expecting advice. This is from the best crop my family has and I hope it will be accepted.” 
“What is it you’re asking for exactly?” asked Zammie. 
“Advice to find my sister,” answered Argo. “I need to find my sister.” 
“What happened to her?” asked Kyla. 
“It’s a long story, but right now she’s being held as a slave in the city of Patra.” 
 -- Argo's mission 
from Time Trip #1 (Kindle Locations 357-368).


"Demeter, goddess of the Harvest" 


At that same moment Argo had approached the Oracle and was hoping to quickly get her advice before someone with a larger sacrificial donation arrived and cut in front of him. He put his woolen bag on the floor in front of the Oracle and opened the top to show two smaller bags inside. One of the bags was filled with large, green olives and the other was filled with hazel-colored dates. A young maiden stepped out from next to the priestess and inspected the donation. The maiden looked back at the Oracle and gave a single nod before returning to her place at the Oracle’s side. 
“I have come seeking advice, wise Oracle,” said Argo. “I want to travel to Patra to find my sister, but I have been commanded to move to Troezen with the rest of the women and children of Athens. What should I do?” 
 -- Argo meets with the Oracle of Delphi
from Time Trip #1 (Kindle Locations 520-527).


"The Oracle" by Howard David Johnson



TIME TRIP ADVENTURE 4
KILLING FOR COUNTRY  
Available at Amazon.com!

TIME TRIP ADVENTURE 1
THE JOURNEY TO ANCIENT GREECE 
Available at Amazon.com!

TIME TRIP ADVENTURE 2
A RIDE ON THE UNDERGROUND RAILROAD
Available at Amazon.com!

TIME TRIP ADVENTURE 3
WITNESS TO THE FIRST THANKSGIVING 
Available at Amazon.com!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for submitting a comment. We will review and post your comment as soon as possible.